MEDERMA SCAR CREAM + SPF 30 OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Avobenzone 3%, octocrylene 10%, oxybenzone 6%; contains Cepalin, onion bulb extract, alcohol, parabens; SPF 30.
Indications for MEDERMA SCAR CREAM + SPF 30:
Prevention of sunburn while improving scar appearance.
Adults and Children:
<6 months: not recommended. ≥6 months: apply at least 3 times daily. New scars: use for 8 weeks. Existing scars: use for 3–6 months. Sunscreen use: apply 15 mins before sun exposure; reapply every 2hrs.
Not for use on deep or puncture wounds, damaged or broken skin, animal bites, or serious burns. Avoid eyes. Reevaluate if condition worsens or persists >7 days.
Swelling, scar discoloration, severe itching; discontinue immediately if occurs.
Gel—20g, 50g; Crm—20g
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses