Generic Name and Formulations:
Vincristine sulfate liposome injection; after preparation, each vial contains 0.16mg/mL; for IV infusion.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for MARQIBO:
Philadelphia chromosome-negative (Ph–) acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) in second or greater relapse or has progressed following ≥2 anti-leukemia therapies.
2.25mg/m2 IV over 1hr once every 7 days. Dose modifications for peripheral neuropathy: see full labeling.
Demyelinating conditions, including Charcot-Marie-Tooth syndrome. Intrathecal administration (death has occurred).
For IV use only; fatal if given by other routes. Discontinue and treat if extravasation is suspected. Preexisting neuromuscular disorders. Monitor for symptoms of neuropathy before and during therapy; if occurs or worsens, delay, reduce or discontinue dose. Monitor CBCs prior to each dose; if Grade 3 or 4 myelosuppression develops, consider dose modification or reduction. Monitor for tumor lysis syndrome; manage if occurs. Institute a prophylactic bowel regimen to mitigate potential constipation, bowel obstruction, and/or paralytic ileus; consider dietary fiber intake, hydration, stool softeners. Monitor liver function tests; if hepatotoxicity occurs, reduce or interrupt dosing. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat. D); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Drugs known to interact with non-liposomal vincristine sulfate (eg, phenytoin: increased seizure risk). Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, voriconazole, posaconazole, clarithromycin, atazanavir, indinavir, nefazodone, nelfinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir, telithromycin) or strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, dexamethasone, phenytoin, carbamazepine, rifampin, rifabutin, rifapentine, phenobarbital, St. John’s Wort). Avoid concomitant potent P-gp inhibitors or inducers.
Constipation, nausea, pyrexia, fatigue (may be severe; adjust dose or discontinue), peripheral neuropathy, febrile neutropenia, diarrhea, anemia, decreased appetite, insomnia.
Kit—1, 3 (vials + supplies)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder