Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadopentetate dimeglumine 469.01mg/mL; soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Indications for MAGNEVIST:
For use in MRI to facilitate the visualization of lesions with abnormal vascularity in the brain (intracranial lesions), spine and associated tissues; in the head and neck; and in the body (excluding the heart).
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not established. ≥2yrs: 0.1mmol/kg (0.2mL/kg) IV at a rate of 10mL/15secs, followed by a 5mL normal saline flush (to ensure complete injection). Patients >286 lbs: dose not established.
Chronic, severe kidney disease (GFR<30mL/min/1.73m2). Acute kidney injury.
Increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis among patients with renal impairment (eg, >60yrs, diabetes mellitus, chronic hypertension). Screen for renal dysfunction. Acute renal failure possible in patients with renal insufficiency within 48hrs of inj; use lowest possible dose and evaluate renal function. Do not exceed recommended dose; allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. History of asthma and/or allergy disorders. Have resuscitative equipment available. Discontinue if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Interpreting Magnevist MRI scans without a companion non-contrast MRI scan. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Paramagnetic contrast agent (Gadolinium-based).
Headache, nausea, inj site coldness/localized coldness, dizziness; rare: inj site reactions, hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-dose vials (5mL, 10mL, 15mL, 20mL)—20; Pre-filled syringes (10mL, 15mL, 20mL)—5
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Suicide Risk After Self-Harm Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Safety, Efficacy of Deep Brain Stimulation for Alzheimer's
- Many Teens Who Use Tobacco Don't Self-Identify as Users
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations