M-M-R II Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Measles, mumps and rubella viruses live, attenuated; for SC inj; contains neomycin, human albumin; preservative-free.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for M-M-R II:
Measles, mumps and rubella immunization. A 2nd dose of measles vaccine is recommended.
Adults and Children:
<12 months: usually not recommended. Each dose is 0.5mL. Give by SC inj into upper outer arm. First dose at 12–15 months of age, second dose at 4–6yrs of age (ACIP recommendations).
Egg, gelatin, or neomycin hypersensitivity. Active respiratory or other febrile infection. Active untreated tuberculosis. Immunosuppression. Blood dyscrasias. Bone marrow or lymphatic malignancy. Pregnancy (Cat.C) during and for 3 months after vaccination.
Have epinephrine inj available. History of febrile convulsions or cerebral injury. Defer vaccination for at least 3 months after blood or plasma transfusions or immune serum globulin, and for at least 1 month before or after other live virus vaccines (except oral polio). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Immunosuppressants (see Contraindications). May interfere with tuberculin test.
Fever, rash, malaise, sore throat, headache, local reactions, arthritic symptoms, parotitis, orchitis, thrombocytopenia, purpura; encephalitis (rare).
Single dose vial—1, 10 (w. diluent); Multi-dose vial—1 (w. diluent)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?