M-M-R II Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Measles, mumps and rubella viruses live, attenuated; for SC inj; contains neomycin, human albumin; preservative-free.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for M-M-R II:
Measles, mumps and rubella immunization. A 2nd dose of measles vaccine is recommended.
Adults and Children:
<12 months: usually not recommended. Each dose is 0.5mL. Give by SC inj into upper outer arm. First dose at 12–15 months of age, second dose at 4–6yrs of age (ACIP recommendations).
Egg, gelatin, or neomycin hypersensitivity. Active respiratory or other febrile infection. Active untreated tuberculosis. Immunosuppression. Blood dyscrasias. Bone marrow or lymphatic malignancy. Pregnancy (Cat.C) during and for 3 months after vaccination.
Have epinephrine inj available. History of febrile convulsions or cerebral injury. Defer vaccination for at least 3 months after blood or plasma transfusions or immune serum globulin, and for at least 1 month before or after other live virus vaccines (except oral polio). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Immunosuppressants (see Contraindications). May interfere with tuberculin test.
Fever, rash, malaise, sore throat, headache, local reactions, arthritic symptoms, parotitis, orchitis, thrombocytopenia, purpura; encephalitis (rare).
Single dose vial—1, 10 (w. diluent); Multi-dose vial—1 (w. diluent)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double
- Forms of Childhood Adversity Related to First-Episode Psychosis Outcomes