Generic Name and Formulations:
Tranexamic acid 650mg; tabs.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for LYSTEDA:
Cyclic heavy menstrual bleeding.
Treat for up to 5 days during menses. Swallow whole. ≥18yrs: Normal renal function (serum creatinine ≤1.4mg/dL): 1300mg three times daily; Cr >1.4–2.8mg/dL: 1300mg twice daily; Cr >2.8–5.7mg/dL: 1300mg once daily; Cr >5.7mg/dL: 650mg once daily.
Premenarchal: not recommended.
Active thromboembolic (eg, DVT, PE, cerebral thrombosis). History or risk of thrombosis or thromboembolism (eg, retinal vein or artery occlusion; thrombogenic valvular disease, thrombogenic cardiac rhythm disease, hypercoagulopathy). Concomitant combination hormonal contraceptives.
Exclude endometrial pathology prior to initiation. Not for use in postmenopausal women. Discontinue immediately if retinal venous or arterial occlusion occurs. Subarachnoid hemorrhage (cerebral edema/infarction may occur). Acute promyelocytic leukemia treated with oral tretinoin (increased procoagulant effect). Renal impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Increased risk of thrombotic events (eg, stroke, MI) with hormonal contraceptives (esp. in obese or smokers >35yrs old), Factor IX complex concentrates, anti-inhibitor coagulant concentrates, oral tretinoin. Tissue plasminogen activators (tPAs) may decrease efficacy of both tranexamic acid and tPAs.
Headache, sinus/nasal symptoms, pain (back, abdomen, musculoskeletal, joint), muscle cramps, migraine, anemia, fatigue; visual/ocular events, severe allergic reaction, ligneous conjunctivitis.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder