Generic Name and Formulations:
Technetium Tc 99m tilmanocept 250mcg; pwd for SC, intradermal, or peritumoral inj after reconstitution. After radiolabeling (with technetium Tc 99m + dilution); contains approx. 92.5 MBq (2.5 mCi) and 250mcg of technetium Tc 99m tilmanocept in 0.5–5mL total volume.
Indications for LYMPHOSEEK:
Using a hand-held gamma counter: for lymphatic mapping to assist in the localization of lymph nodes draining a primary tumor site in patients with breast cancer or melanoma; for guiding sentinel lymph node biopsy in patients with clinically node negative squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) of the oral cavity.
See full labeling. Determine the planned injection technique and the number of injections per patient prior to preparing dose. May be administered as a single injection or multiple injections. Give 18.5MBq (0.5mCi) as a radioactivity dose and 50mcg as a mass dose, at least 15mins before initiating intraoperative lymphatic mapping; do not delay mapping >15hrs after injection. Total injection volume per patient: 0.1mL in single syringe; 0.5mL in single or in multiple syringes (0.1–0.25mL each); or 1mL in multiple syringes (0.2–0.5mL each). Route of administration: Breast cancer: intradermal, SC, subareolar, peritumoral; Melanoma: intradermal or SC.
<18yrs: not established.
Previous hypersensitivity to dextran or other modified forms. Have resuscitation equipment available. Risk of radiation exposure. Should only be used by trained and experienced physicians in the safe use and handling of radioactive materials to minimize radiation exposure. In females of reproductive potential: administer within 10 days following the onset of menses or perform a pregnancy test within 48hrs prior to the administration. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers (discard milk for at least 4hrs after administration).
Co-injection (mixture) with local anesthetics: not recommended.
Radioactive diagnostic agent.
Injection site irritation and/or pain.
Kit—1 (5 vials + 5 diluents; supplies)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders