Generic Name and Formulations:
Technetium Tc 99m tilmanocept 250mcg; pwd for SC, intradermal, or peritumoral inj after reconstitution. After radiolabeling (with technetium Tc 99m + dilution); contains approx. 92.5 MBq (2.5 mCi) and 250mcg of technetium Tc 99m tilmanocept in 0.5–5mL total volume.
Indications for LYMPHOSEEK:
Using a hand-held gamma counter: for lymphatic mapping to assist in the localization of lymph nodes draining a primary tumor site in patients with breast cancer or melanoma; for guiding sentinel lymph node biopsy in patients with clinically node negative squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) of the oral cavity.
See full labeling. Determine the planned injection technique and the number of injections per patient prior to preparing dose. May be administered as a single injection or multiple injections. Give 18.5MBq (0.5mCi) as a radioactivity dose and 50mcg as a mass dose, at least 15mins before initiating intraoperative lymphatic mapping; do not delay mapping >15hrs after injection. Total injection volume per patient: 0.1mL in single syringe; 0.5mL in single or in multiple syringes (0.1–0.25mL each); or 1mL in multiple syringes (0.2–0.5mL each). Route of administration: Breast cancer: intradermal, SC, subareolar, peritumoral; Melanoma: intradermal or SC.
<18yrs: not established.
Previous hypersensitivity to dextran or other modified forms. Have resuscitation equipment available. Risk of radiation exposure. Should only be used by trained and experienced physicians in the safe use and handling of radioactive materials to minimize radiation exposure. In females of reproductive potential: administer within 10 days following the onset of menses or perform a pregnancy test within 48hrs prior to the administration. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers (discard milk for at least 4hrs after administration).
Co-injection (mixture) with local anesthetics: not recommended.
Radioactive diagnostic agent.
Injection site irritation and/or pain.
Kit—1 (5 vials + 5 diluents; supplies)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?