LUPRON DEPOT 7.5mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Leuprolide acetate 7.5mg; depot susp for IM inj; preservative-free.
Indications for LUPRON DEPOT 7.5mg:
Palliative treatment of advanced prostatic carcinoma.
Give as single IM inj into gluteal area, anterior thigh or deltoid; rotate inj sites. 7.5mg once a month (4 weeks).
Initial worsening of signs/symptoms (eg, bone pain, ureteral obstruction, spinal cord compression) may occur; monitor closely in metastatic vertebral lesions, urinary obstruction, hematuria. Monitor serum testosterone, PSA. Increased risk of diabetes, MI, sudden cardiac death, stroke; monitor blood glucose, HbA1c, and for signs/symptoms of CVD during therapy. Increased risk of convulsions in patients with history of seizures, epilepsy, cerebrovascular disorder, CNS anomalies or tumors. Risk of QT prolongation in long-term androgen deprivation therapy, congenital long QT syndrome, electrolyte abnormalities (correct and monitor), or CHF; consider monitoring ECGs. Instruct patient on correct self administration. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant antiarrhythmics may prolong the QT interval. Risk of seizures with concomitant SSRIs, bupropion, others.
Hot flashes/sweats, pain, GI disorders, edema, respiratory disorder, urinary disorders, inj site reaction, joint disorders, testicular atrophy, asthenia, flu syndrome, headache, skin reaction, fatigue; tumor flare, hyperglycemia, convulsions, hypersensitivity.
Depot kit—1 (prefilled dual-chamber syringe w. supplies)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age