LUPRON DEPOT-6 MONTH 45mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Leuprolide acetate 45mg; depot susp for IM inj.
Indications for LUPRON DEPOT-6 MONTH 45mg:
Palliative treatment of advanced prostatic carcinoma.
45mg as single IM inj every 6 months (24 weeks). Do not split doses.
Metastatic vertebral lesions. Urinary obstruction. Monitor serum testosterone, PSA, acid phosphatase. Increased risk of diabetes, MI, sudden cardiac death, stroke; monitor blood glucose, HbA1c, and for signs/symptoms of CVD during therapy. History of seizures. Risk of QT prolongation: long-term androgen deprivation therapy, congenital long QT syndrome, electrolyte abnormalities, or CHF. Correct and monitor electrolyte abnormalities; consider monitoring ECGs. Instruct patient on correct self administration. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant antiarrhythmics may prolong the QT interval.
Hot flashes/sweats, inj site reaction, initial worsening of signs/symptoms (eg, bone pain, urinary tract obstruction, hematuria), edema, GI disorders, pain, cardiovascular events, CNS and antiandrogenic effects, asthenia, testicular atrophy, urinary disorders, spinal cord compression; hyperglycemia, anaphylactoid, photosensitivity.
Depot kit—1 (prefilled dual-chamber syringe w. supplies)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder