Generic Name and Formulations:
Alglucosidase alfa 5mg/mL; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for LUMIZYME:
Pompe disease (GAA deficiency).
Adults and Children:
Give by IV infusion over 4 hours. 20mg/kg every 2 weeks. Initial infusion rate: 1mg/kg/hr; may increase by 2mg/kg/hr every 30 minutes, if tolerated, to max 7mg/kg/hr.
Discontinue immediately if severe anaphylactic or allergic reactions develop; have appropriate medical support measures available and during rechallenge. Increased risk of acute cardiorespiratory failure with acute underlying respiratory illness or compromised cardiac function. Cardiac hypertrophy (increased risk of cardiac arrhythmia when given general anesthesia for central venous catheter placement). Infants with cardiac dysfunction may require prolonged observation times. Monitor for development of systemic immune complex-mediated reactions; consider discontinuing if occurs. Monitor for IgG antibody formation every 3 months for 2 years, then annually. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Hydrolytic lysosomal glycogen-specific enzyme.
Hypersensitivity reactions, anaphylaxis, rash, purexia, flushing/feeling hot, urticaria, headache, hyperhidrosis, nausea, cough, decreased oxygen saturation, tachycardia, tachypnea, chest discomfort, dizziness, muscle twitching, agitation, cyanosis, erythema, hypertension, pallor, rigors, tremor, vomiting, fatigue, myalgia.
Only available through Lumizyme ACE Program. To enroll call (800) 745-4447.
Single-use vial (50mg)—1, 10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- Ketamine in Electroconvulsive Therapy Accelerates Antidepressive Effects
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children