Generic Name and Formulations:
Bimatoprost 0.01%, 0.03%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for LUMIGAN:
Reduction of elevated intraocular pressure in open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
≥16yrs: 1 drop once daily in the PM.
<16yrs: not recommended.
Do not exceed recommended dose. Renal or hepatic impairment. Ocular inflammation. Aphakia. Pseudophakia with torn posterior lens capsule. Risk of macular edema. Contact lenses (remove; may reinsert lenses 15 minutes after administration). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Allow at least 5 minutes between application of other topical ophthalmic agents.
Conjunctival hyperemia, eyelash growth, ocular itching or dryness, visual disturbances, foreign body sensation, other local effects, increased ocular pigmentation (iris, eyelid, eyelashes; may be permanent), other eyelash changes, blepharitis, cataract, keratitis, photophobia, infection, headache, abnormal liver function tests, asthenia, hirsutism.
Soln—2.5mL, 5mL, 7.5mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders