Generic Name and Formulations:
Ranibizumab 6mg/mL, 10mg/mL; soln for oph intravitreal inj; preservative-free.
Indications for LUCENTIS:
Neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Macular edema following retinal vein occlusion (RVO). Diabetic macular edema (DME). Diabetic retinopathy (DR). Myopic choroidal neovascularization (mCNV).
Give by intravitreal inj. AMD: 0.5mg once a month (approx. 28 days); or 3 monthly doses followed by less frequent dosing (less effective); or 0.5mg every 3 months after 4 monthly doses (less effective). Monitor regularly. RVO: 0.5mg once a month (approx. 28 days). DME, DR: 0.3mg once a month (approx. 28 days). mCNV: 0.5mg once a month (approx. 28 days) for up to 3 months; may retreat if needed.
Ocular or periocular infections.
Monitor intraocular pressure prior to and 30 mins after inj. Monitor for perfusion of optic nerve and for infection following the inj (endophthalmitis and retinal detachments possible). Risk of embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) inhibitor.
Conjunctival hemorrhage, eye pain, vitreous floaters, increased intraocular pressure, intraocular inflammation; rare: arterial thromboembolic events, fatal events.
Single-use prefilled syringe (10mg/mL)—1; Single-use vial (6mg/mL, 10mg/mL)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?