Generic Name and Formulations:
Omega-3-acid ethyl esters 1g; soft-gelatin caps; contains α-tocopherol 4mg/cap.
Indications for LOVAZA:
Adjunct to diet to reduce very high (≥500mg/dL) triglyceride levels in adults.
Swallow whole. ≥18yrs: 4g daily; may take as 4g once daily or as 2g twice daily.
<18yrs: not established.
Hepatic impairment: monitor AST/ALT periodically. Obtain baseline triglycerides (TG); monitor TG, LDL-C periodically. Exclude and/or treat secondary causes of hypertriglyceridema (eg, hypothyroidism, diabetes, medications). Paroxysmal or persistent atrial fibrillation. Fish allergy. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May potentiate anticoagulants; monitor.
Eructation, dyspepsia, rash, taste perversion; increased ALT, AST, LDL-C.
Formerly known under the brand name Omacor.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder