Lorazepam Intensol CIV
Generic Name and Formulations:
Lorazepam 2mg; per mL; concentrated soln.
Indications for Lorazepam Intensol:
Mix with liquid or semi-solid food. Consume mixture immediately. Give in 2 or 3 divided doses, with largest dose taken at bedtime. Anxiety: initially 2–3mg daily; range: 1–10mg daily. Elderly or debilitated: initially 1–2mg daily; adjust gradually if needed. Transient stress or insomnia: 2–4mg single daily dose at bedtime.
Acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
Drug or alcohol abuse. Suicidal tendencies. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Therapy for >4months. Monitor blood counts and liver function with long-term use. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Debilitated. Psychosis, depression, pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiation of CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
CNS depression (esp. sedation), dizziness, weakness, unsteadiness, transient memory impairment, disorientation, nausea, headache, sleep disturbances, agitation, abuse potential, upper GI disease (monitor).
Soln—30mL (w. dropper)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Panel Recommends Earlier Body Weight Monitoring in Use of Mood Stabilizers
- Nondaily Cigarette Use Increasing Among Individuals With Mental Health, Substance Use Disorders
- Cesarean Delivery, Early Childhood Antibiotic Use Not Associated With Risk for ADHD
- Uncertainty as a Form of Violence: Current Immigration Policy and Crisis
- FDA Gets Tough on Juul, Other Electronic Cigarette Makers