Lorazepam Intensol CIV
Generic Name and Formulations:
Lorazepam 2mg; per mL; concentrated soln.
West-Ward Pharmaceutical Corp.
Indications for Lorazepam Intensol:
Mix with liquid or semi-solid food. Consume mixture immediately. Give in 2 or 3 divided doses, with largest dose taken at bedtime. Anxiety: initially 2–3mg daily; range: 1–10mg daily. Elderly or debilitated: initially 1–2mg daily; adjust gradually if needed. Transient stress or insomnia: 2–4mg single daily dose at bedtime.
Acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
Drug or alcohol abuse. Suicidal tendencies. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Therapy for >4months. Monitor blood counts and liver function with long-term use. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Debilitated. Psychosis, depression, pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiation of CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
CNS depression (esp. sedation), dizziness, weakness, unsteadiness, transient memory impairment, disorientation, nausea, headache, sleep disturbances, agitation, abuse potential, upper GI disease (monitor).
Soln—30mL (w. dropper)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder