Generic Name and Formulations:
Trifluridine, tipiracil; 15mg/6.14mg, 20mg/8.19mg; tabs.
Indications for LONSURF:
Treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer in patients previously treated with fluoropyrimidine-, oxaliplatin- and irinotecan-based chemotherapy, an anti-VEGF biological therapy, and if RAS wild-type, an anti-EGFR therapy.
Take within 1 hour after completion of AM & PM meals. Initially 35mg/m2 twice daily on Days 1–5 and 8–12 of each 28-day cycle until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity; max 80mg per dose (based on trifluridine component). Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Obtain CBC prior to and on Day 15 of each cycle, and as clinically indicated. Do not initiate cycle until ANC ≥1,500/mm3 or febrile neutropenia is resolved, platelets ≥75,000/mm3 or Grade 3/4 non-hematological adverse reactions resolved to Grade 0/1. Withhold dose if ANC <500/mm3 or febrile neutropenia, platelets <50,000/mm3, or Grade 3/4 non-hematological adverse reactions occur; upon recovery, resume at a reduced dose (see full labeling). Moderate or severe hepatic impairment: do not initiate. Moderate renal impairment: may require dose modification; severe (CrCl <30mL/min) or ESRD: not studied. Elderly. Pregnancy. Females of reproductive potential must use effective contraception during treatment; males must use condoms during and for ≥3 months after final dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during treatment and for 1 day after final dose).
Antineoplastic thymidine-based nucleoside analog + thymidine phosphorylase inhibitor.
Anemia, neutropenia, asthenia/fatigue, nausea, thrombocytopenia, decreased appetite, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, pyrexia.
Tabs—20, 40, 60
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy