Generic Name and Formulations:
Phentermine HCl 8mg; scored tabs.
KVK Tech, Inc.
Indications for LOMAIRA:
A short-term (a few weeks) adjunct in a regimen of weight reduction based on exercise, behavioral modification and caloric restriction in the management of exogenous obesity for patients with an initial body mass index ≥30kg/m2, or ≥27kg/m2 in the presence of other risk factors (eg, hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia).
>16yrs: Individualize. Use lowest effective dose. Usual dose: 1 tab 3 times daily at approx. 30mins before meals. Avoid late PM dose.
≤16yrs: not recommended.
Cardiovascular disease (eg, coronary artery disease, stroke, arrhythmias, CHF, uncontrolled hypertension). During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Hyperthyroidism. Glaucoma. Agitated states. History of drug abuse. Pregnancy (Cat.X). Nursing mothers.
Increased risk of primary pulmonary hypertension (PPH), valvular heart disease. Discontinue if new, unexplained dyspnea, angina, syncope, or lower extremity edema develops. Discontinue if tolerance to the anorectant effect develops. Mild hypertension. Diabetes. Renal impairment: monitor. Prescribe minimal supply to avoid overdose. Elderly.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis possible with MAOIs. Concomitant other weight loss drugs, OTC preps, herbals, including SSRIs (eg, fluoxetine, sertraline, fluvoxamine, paroxetine): not recommended. Caution with alcohol. Insulin or oral hypoglycemics: requirements may be altered. May decrease hypotensive effect of adrenergic neuron blockers.
Cardiovascular (eg, PPH, regurgitant cardiac valvular disease, palpitation, tachycardia, elevated blood pressure, ischemic events, CNS (eg, overstimulation, restlessness, dizziness, insomnia, euphoria, dysphoria, tremor, headache, psychosis), dry mouth, unpleasant taste, GI upset, constipation, urticaria, impotence, changes in libido.
Tabs—30, 60, 90, 250, 500, 1000
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Panel Recommends Earlier Body Weight Monitoring in Use of Mood Stabilizers
- Nondaily Cigarette Use Increasing Among Individuals With Mental Health, Substance Use Disorders
- Cesarean Delivery, Early Childhood Antibiotic Use Not Associated With Risk for ADHD
- Uncertainty as a Form of Violence: Current Immigration Policy and Crisis
- FDA Gets Tough on Juul, Other Electronic Cigarette Makers