Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetohydroxamic acid 250mg; tabs.
Mission Pharmacal Company
Indications for LITHOSTAT:
As adjunctive therapy in chronic urea-splitting urinary infection.
Initially 12mg/kg per day every 6–8hrs; max 1.5g/day. Renal impairment: serum creatinine >1.8mg/dL: take at every 12-hour intervals; max 1g/day.
Initially 10mg/kg per day; monitor. Titrate doses to obtain therapeutic effects.
Disease and physical state amenable to surgery and antimicrobials. Urine infected by non-urease producing organisms. Infections controllable by oral antimicrobials. Renal dysfunction (CrCl <20mL/min, serum creatinine >2.5mg/dL). Females with unsatisfactory method of contraception. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Severe renal impairment: monitor and consider reduced dose. Monitor liver function. Preexisting thrombophlebitis or phlebothrombosis. Monitor and obtain CBCs with reticulocytes after 2 weeks of therapy and every 3 months thereafter; if reticulocytes >6%, consider reduced dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Rash with concomitant alcohol. Concomitant dietary iron: may reduce absorption of both acetohydroxamic acid and iron (use IM inj form, if needed).
Mild headaches, tremulousness, nervousness, depression, anxiety, GI upset, hemolytic anemia, mild reticulocytosis without anemia, rash, alopecia, phlebitis, palpitations.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Content, Quality Issues for Both Paper-Based and Electronic Health Records