Generic Name and Formulations:
Flavocoxid (contains two types of flavonoids from Scutellaria baicalensis and Acacia catechu) 250mg, 500mg; caps.
Indications for LIMBREL:
Dietary management of the metabolic processes of osteoarthritis.
250 or 500mg every 12 hours.
Hypersensitivity to flavonoids including foods rich in flavonoids (eg, colored fruits and vegetables, dark chocolate, tea, red wine, Brazil nuts).
Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant warfarin; monitor PT.
GI upset; elevated liver enzymes, hypersensitivity pneumonitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children