Generic Name and Formulations:
Flavocoxid (contains two types of flavonoids from Scutellaria baicalensis and Acacia catechu) 250mg, 500mg; caps.
Indications for LIMBREL:
Dietary management of the metabolic processes of osteoarthritis.
250 or 500mg every 12 hours.
Hypersensitivity to flavonoids including foods rich in flavonoids (eg, colored fruits and vegetables, dark chocolate, tea, red wine, Brazil nuts).
Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant warfarin; monitor PT.
GI upset; elevated liver enzymes, hypersensitivity pneumonitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of ADHD Relatively Stable Over Time Despite Increase in Diagnoses
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders