Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine 5%; adhesive patch.
Indications for LIDODERM:
Apply to intact skin, covering most painful area. To adjust dose, cut patches before removing release liner. Remove if irritation or burning occurs; do not reapply until irritation subsides. May apply up to 3 patches at once for up to 12hrs of a 24-hour period. Hepatic impairment or debilitated: use smaller treatment areas.
Do not apply to broken or inflamed skin. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, longer duration of application, and application of more than 3 patches. Do not ingest; may be toxic to children and pets. Hepatic disease. Small patients. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
Toxicity may be potentiated by Class I antiarrhythmics (e.g., tocainide, mexiletine). Additive effects with other local anesthetics.
Local effects (e.g., erythema, edema), allergic reactions (e.g., urticaria, angioedema, bronchospasm).
Patches (10cm x 14cm)—30
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder