Lidocaine Jelly Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine HCl 2%; aqueous.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Lidocaine Jelly:
Anesthesia in procedures of urethra, painful urethritis. Anesthesic lubricant for endotracheal intubation.
Adults and Children:
Sepsis. Traumatized mucosa. Severe shock. Heart block. Monitor for familial malignant hyperthermia (eg, tachycardia, tachypnea). Avoid eyes. Do not eat for 1 hour after oral application. Children, elderly, debilitated, acutely ill: reduce dose. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
CNS effects (eg, dizziness, visual disturbances, tremor, respiratory depression), bradycardia, hypotension.
Formerly known under the brand name Xylocaine.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Risk for Adverse Outcomes With Antidepressants in Dementia
- Chronic Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Occur Regardless of Social Status
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress