Lidocaine Jelly Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine HCl 2%; aqueous.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Lidocaine Jelly:
Anesthesia in procedures of urethra, painful urethritis. Anesthesic lubricant for endotracheal intubation.
Adults and Children:
Sepsis. Traumatized mucosa. Severe shock. Heart block. Monitor for familial malignant hyperthermia (eg, tachycardia, tachypnea). Avoid eyes. Do not eat for 1 hour after oral application. Children, elderly, debilitated, acutely ill: reduce dose. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
CNS effects (eg, dizziness, visual disturbances, tremor, respiratory depression), bradycardia, hypotension.
Formerly known under the brand name Xylocaine.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders