LEVULAN KERASTICK Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Aminolevulinic acid HCl 20%; topical soln; contains alcohol.
DUSA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for LEVULAN KERASTICK:
In combination with blue light illumination (BLU-U Blue Light Photodynamic Therapy Illuminator), for the treatment of minimally to moderately thick actinic keratoses (Grade 1 or 2) of the face and scalp.
Clean and dry affected area. Apply to either scalp or face but not both simultaneously. One application and one dose of illumination per treatment site per 8-week treatment session. The second visit, for illumination, must take place in the 14–18 hour window following application. Treated lesions not completely resolved after 8 weeks may be treated a second time. Protect treated lesions from sun by wearing head covering. Excessive irritation if applied under occlusion.
Cutaneous photosensitivity at wavelengths of 400–450nm. Porphyria or known allergies to porphyrins.
Avoid exposure of photosensitive treatment sites to sunlight or bright indoor light during the period prior to blue light treatment. Avoid applying to eyes, mucous membranes, perilesional skin. Inherited or acquired coagulation defects. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased photosensitivity reaction with concomitant photosensitizing agents (eg, griseofulvin, thiazides, sulfonylureas, phenothiazines, sulfonamides, tetracyclines).
Cutaneous reactions (eg, stinging, burning, erythema, edema, scaling/crusting, itching, erosion, wheal/flare).
Single-unit applicators—1, 6
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Content, Quality Issues for Both Paper-Based and Electronic Health Records