Generic Name and Formulations:
Hyoscyamine sulfate 0.125mg; sublingual scored tabs; peppermint flavor; dye-free.
- Symptoms of Sleep Disorders Prevalent in Psychiatric Illnesses
- Brain Region Connectivities Mediate the Association Between Depression and Sleep Quality
- Diclofenac Use Slows Cognitive Decline in Alzheimer Disease
Indications for LEVSIN/SL:
Adjunct in peptic ulcer. Irritable bowel syndrome. Infant colic.
1–2 tabs sublingually, swallowed, or chewed every 4 hrs or as needed; max 12 tabs/day.
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: ½ –1 tab sublingually, swallowed, or chewed every 4 hrs or as needed; max 6 tabs/day.
Glaucoma. Unstable cardiovascular status in acute hemorrhage. GI or urinary tract obstruction. Paralytic ileus, intestinal atony of elderly or debilitated patients. Toxic megacolon. Severe ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis.
High environmental temperature. Diarrhea. Autonomic neuropathy. Impaired cardiac or renal function. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Hiatal hernia with reflux esophagitis. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Antacids may inhibit absorption. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics, amantadine, type I antiarrhythmics, antihistamines, phenothiazines, tricyclics, MAOIs.
Anticholinergic effects, drowsiness.
Formerly known under the brand name Levsin Drops.
Tabs, SL—100, 500; Drops—contact supplier
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age