Generic Name and Formulations:
Levothyroxine sodium 25mcg, 50mcg, 75mcg, 88mcg, 100mcg, 112mcg, 125mcg, 137mcg, 150mcg, 175mcg, 200mcg, 300mcg; tabs.
Indications for LEVOTHROID:
Maintenance: 100–200mcg daily. Complications: titrate dose.
<6months: 8–10mcg/kg per day. 6months–1yr: 6–8mcg/kg per day. 1–5yrs: 5–6mcg/kg per day. 6–12yrs: 4–5mcg/kg per day.
Thyrotoxicosis. Acute MI. Uncorrected adrenal insufficiency.
Not for treatment of obesity. Cardiovascular disease. Diabetes. Adrenal insufficiency. Increased sensitivity in myxedema, severe hypothyroidism. Pregnancy (Cat.A). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates sympathomimetics. Monitor antihyperglycemics, oral anticoagulants.
Hyperthyroidism; transient hair loss in children.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy