Generic Name and Formulations:
Levothyroxine sodium 25mcg, 50mcg, 75mcg, 88mcg, 100mcg, 112mcg, 125mcg, 137mcg, 150mcg, 175mcg, 200mcg, 300mcg; tabs.
Indications for LEVOTHROID:
Maintenance: 100–200mcg daily. Complications: titrate dose.
<6months: 8–10mcg/kg per day. 6months–1yr: 6–8mcg/kg per day. 1–5yrs: 5–6mcg/kg per day. 6–12yrs: 4–5mcg/kg per day.
Thyrotoxicosis. Acute MI. Uncorrected adrenal insufficiency.
Not for treatment of obesity. Cardiovascular disease. Diabetes. Adrenal insufficiency. Increased sensitivity in myxedema, severe hypothyroidism. Pregnancy (Cat.A). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates sympathomimetics. Monitor antihyperglycemics, oral anticoagulants.
Hyperthyroidism; transient hair loss in children.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age