Generic Name and Formulations:
Penbutolol sulfate 20mg; scored tabs.
Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for LEVATOL:
20mg once daily.
Asthma. Cardiogenic shock. Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block.
Overt heart failure. CHF. Bronchospasm, COPD. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Surgery. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. May increase cardiac effects of calcium channel blockers, digitalis. Adjust antidiabetic medication. Higher lidocaine loading dose may be needed. May block epinephrine.
Bradycardia, headache, dizziness, fatigue, GI upset, cough, dyspnea, insomnia, asthenia, hyperhidrosis, impotence, cardiac failure.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder