Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorambucil 2mg; tabs.
Indications for LEUKERAN:
Palliative treatment of chronic lymphatic (lymphocytic) leukemia and malignant lymphomas (including lymphosarcoma, giant follicular lymphoma, and Hodgkin's disease).
See literature. 0.1–0.2mg/kg per day for 3–6 weeks. Reduce dose if leukocyte or platelet counts fall below normal values and discontinue if more severe depression occurs. Do not give full dose within 4 weeks of radio- or chemotherapy.
Compromised bone marrow function. History of seizure disorder or head trauma. Monitor blood weekly (during first 3–6 weeks, do WBC count 3–4 days after each weekly CBC). Discontinue if skin reactions occur. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid live vaccines. Myelosuppressives, radiotherapy potentiate antineoplastic effect. Caution with drugs that lower seizure threshold.
Bone marrow suppression, seizures, fever, rash, hypersensitivity, urticaria, azoospermia, amenorrhea, sterility, hepato- and pulmonary toxicity, secondary malignancies, GI upset.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder