Most Recent Articles by Lauren Biscaldi
Continued improvement in payment reporting mechanisms is crucial to meet the benchmarks set by the Physician Payments Sunshine Act.
Researchers used administrative data to compare effectiveness measures in physicians who either did or did not maintain certification in the 20 years following their initial certification.
Since his rise to fame on The Oprah Winfrey Show, Dr Mehmet Oz has spent his TV career hawking all kinds of questionable medical science.
The "Ambien Defense" has been used in multiple instances of high-profile bad behavior. But does the excuse hold up?
The American College of Physicians has released 7 position statements supporting equality in healthcare for women.
More Articles by Lauren Biscaldi
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Should Physicians Treat Family and Friends? Three Experts Weigh In
- Transference in the Age of #MeToo: What Counts as Harassment From a Patient?
- Influence of Psychostimulants on BMI and Height in Youth With ADHD
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Effective in Reducing Suicide Attempts, Self-Harm in Adolescents
- Medication Adherence Predictors in Patients With Severe Psychiatric Disorders
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Functional Restoration for Chronic Pain and Depression in the Elderly: Pharmacotherapy and Beyond
- Efficacy of Long-Acting Injectable Antipsychotics vs Oral Antipsychotics
- Older Age Associated With Worse Major Depressive Disorder Outcomes
- Preoperative Psychiatric Diagnoses Not Associated With Bariatric Surgery Outcomes
- Medical Clearance of Psych Patients in the ED: Consensus Recommendations