Generic Name and Formulations:
Bimatoprost 0.03%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for LATISSE:
Hypotrichosis of the eyelashes.
1 drop once nightly; apply evenly along upper eyelid skin margin at the base of eyelashes. Repeat for opposite eyelid margin with new sterile applicator. Blot any excess solution runoff.
Do not apply to lower eyelash line. Repeated contact with bimatoprost outside the treatment area may cause hair growth. Ocular hypertension; monitor for changes to intraocular pressure. Ocular inflammation (eg, uveitis). Aphakia. Pseudophakia with torn posterior lens capsule. Risk of macular edema. Contact lenses (remove; may reinsert lenses 15 minutes after administration). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant with other intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering prostaglandin analogues may decrease IOP-lowering effects.
Eye pruritus, conjunctival hyperemia, increased ocular pigmentation (iris, eyelid; may be permanent), ocular irritation, dry eye, erythema of the eyelid, macular edema, abnormal hair growth.
Soln—3mL (w. disposable sterile applicators)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders