Generic Name and Formulations:
Olaratumab 500mg/50mL; soln for IV infusion; preservative-free.
Lilly, Eli and Company
Indications for LARTRUVO:
In combination with doxorubicin, for the treatment of adults with soft tissue sarcoma with a histologic subtype for which an anthracycline-containing regimen is appropriate and which is not amenable to curative treatment with radiotherapy or surgery.
Premedicate with IV diphenhydramine and IV dexamethasone prior to infusion on Day 1 of cycle 1. Give with doxorubicin for the first 8 cycles: refer to doxorubicin PI for dosing and modifications. Give by IV infusion over 60mins. 15mg/kg on Days 1 and 8 of each 21-day cycle until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Have resuscitative equipment available. Monitor for signs/symptoms of infusion-related reactions during and post-infusion. Permanently discontinue for Grade 3/4 infusion-related reactions; interrupt for Grade 1/2 infusion-related reactions; resume at 50% of initial rate after resolution. If neutropenic fever/infection or Grade 4 neutropenia lasts >1 week, discontinue until ANC ≥1,000μL then permanently reduce dose to 12mg/kg. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during and for 3 months after last dose. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 3 months after last dose).
With doxorubicin: nausea, fatigue, musculoskeletal pain, mucositis, alopecia, vomiting, diarrhea, decreased appetite, abdominal pain, neuropathy, headache, anxiety, dry eyes, lymphopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, hyperglycemia, elevated aPTT, hypokalemia, hypophosphatemia, increased alkaline phosphatase.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder