LAMISIL ORAL GRANULES Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Terbinafine HCl 125mg, 187.5mg; per packet.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for LAMISIL ORAL GRANULES:
<4yrs: not recommended. Sprinkle granules on pudding or other soft, non-acidic food and swallow (do not chew); do not use applesauce or fruit-based foods. ≥4yrs: Take once daily for 6 weeks. <25kg: 125mg/day. 25–35kg: 187.5mg/day. >35kg: 250mg/day.
Chronic or active liver disease.
Onychomycosis: confirm diagnosis with nail specimen. Pre-existing hepatic disease or renal impairment (CrCl <50mL/min): not recommended. Perform LFTs prior to and periodically during treatment. Discontinue if hepatic injury, progressive skin rash (eg, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis, DRESS), taste/smell disturbances, severe neutropenia (neutrophils ≤1000 cells/mm3), thrombotic microangiopathy occurs, or if lupus erythematosus is suspected. Monitor CBCs if immunodeficient. Pregnancy (Cat.B), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiated by cimetidine. Antagonized by rifampin. May potentiate drugs metabolized by CYP2D6 (eg, tricyclic antidepressants, SSRIs, beta-blockers). May be potentiated by CYP2C9 and CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, fluconazole, ketoconazole, amiodarone). Potentiates caffeine. Antagonizes cyclosporine.
Headache, diarrhea, rash, dyspepsia, liver enzyme abnormalities, pruritus, taste disturbances, nausea, abdominal pain, flatulence, urticaria; also children: nasopharyngitis, pyrexia, cough, upper respiratory infection; rare: hepatotoxicity, depressive symptoms, smell disturbances.
Tabs—30, 100; Packets—14, 42
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder