Positive Serologic Test for Helicobacter pylori
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
For gastric ulcer:
Endoscopy to visualize the ulcer; biopsy of the lesion is recommended to determine if patient has gastric adenocarcinoma.
Rapid urease test of biopsy material (CLO test) verifies the presence of active infection.
For duodenal ulcer disease:
Urea breath test is a sensitive and specific test for detection of active infection without the use of biopsy in patients with uncomplicated duodenal ulcer.
If a biopsy is performed, the CLO test, if positive, verifies the presence of active infection.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Early Detection Markers of Alzheimer's Disease Possibly Identified
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation Inferior to Escitalopram
- Illicit Cannabis Use Among Adults Up Due to Medical Marijuana Laws
- Memory Training Opportunities Exist for Patients With Schizophrenia
- APA: Medical Discrimination Based on Size Psychologically, Physically Harms Patients
- Criteria For Identification of Smartphone Addiction
- Bipolar Disorder: Childhood Trauma Modulates Impact on Amygdala, Hippocampus
- Psychiatric Evaluations: Questions on Suicide Need to Be Rephrased
- Subsequent Suicide Attempts May Be Reduced by Emergency Department Interventions
- Advice for Parents Whose Child Is Seeking Mental Health Treatment
- Prescription Opioid Misuse Remains a Persistent Problem
- Revised Treatment Guidelines for Pediatric Acute Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome
- Long-term Response to Prophylactic Mood Stabilizers in Bipolar Disorder
- Medically Supervised Withdrawal, an Option for Pregnant Women Addicted to Opioids
- Navigating the Thin Line Between Identification & Intimacy With Patients