BUN and/or Creatinine Increased: Postrenal Cause
Obstruction originating within the urinary tract:
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
Blood clots or sloughed cells
Functional abnormalities of urinary tract.
Obstruction originating outside the urinary tract :
Tumor or mass adjacent to the urinary tract
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Tests to assess predisposition to form urinary calculi
Tests for infection within the urinary tract
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Varenicline Reduces Heavy Drinking, Cigarette Smoking in Men With Alcohol Use Disorder
- Anhedonia and Suicidal Ideation Linked Independent of Major Affective Disorders
- Amber Lenses Before Bed Improve Insomnia Symptoms
- ADHD Risk in Offspring of Fathers Taking SSRIs Before, At Conception
- Formulation-Based CBT Improves Symptoms, Functioning in Adults With ADHD
- Involuntary Brain Responses to Sensory Pattern Changes in PTSD
- Smoking Cessation Medication Associated With Increased Risk of Cardiovascular Events
- Relationship Between Neuroanatomic Abnormalities and Behavioral, Cognitive Impairment in Individuals At Risk for ASD
- Rarity of Late-Onset ADHD: Symptoms Linked to Other Causes
- Cognitive Insight Impairment May Precede Neurocognitive Decline in Schizophrenia