Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Tests for hepatitis (serologic or DNA-based) may be important if hepatitis is suspected as a cause for the bilirubinuria.
Alkaline phosphatase or 5´-nucleotidase is useful as a marker of biliary obstruction, especially when the value for either parameter is significantly more abnormal than the ALT or AST.
Serum albumin level and PT may be useful to assess protein synthesis by the liver in the pt with cirrhosis.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anhedonia and Suicidal Ideation Linked Independent of Major Affective Disorders
- Rarity of Late-Onset ADHD: Symptoms Linked to Other Causes
- Cognitive Insight Impairment May Precede Neurocognitive Decline in Schizophrenia
- Expert Perspective: Link Between Depression and Mortality in Cancer Patients
- Predictive Psychiatric Genetic Testing for At-Risk Minors: Risk vs Reward
- Amber Lenses Before Bed Improve Insomnia Symptoms
- Pregnancy and Bipolar Disorder: Expert Interview With Leena Mittal, MD
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence May Mediate Future Hypomania
- Lurasidone Monotherapy Safe, Efficacious in Children, Adolescents With Bipolar Depression
- Sleep Disruption May Lead to Increased Beta Amyloid Production
- Examining Duration of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation Sessions for Depression
- Pretreatment Functioning Associated With Anxiolytic Efficacy of Vortioxetine
- AAN Issues New Guidelines for Treatment of Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Quality Improvement Intervention Improves Documentation of Geriatric Transitions in Care
- Sexual Harassment: Response to a National Crisis