Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Tests for hepatitis (serologic or DNA-based) may be important if hepatitis is suspected as a cause for the bilirubinuria.
Alkaline phosphatase or 5´-nucleotidase is useful as a marker of biliary obstruction, especially when the value for either parameter is significantly more abnormal than the ALT or AST.
Serum albumin level and PT may be useful to assess protein synthesis by the liver in the pt with cirrhosis.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Hospitalization Rates in Schizophrenia—Lurasidone vs Quetiapine
- Psychopathology of Adults Affected by Pre- and Perinatal Factors, Family Functioning
- Anxiety: Feature of Late-Onset Dementia or Modifiable Risk Factor?
- New APA President Takes Office as the First African-American to Lead the Organization
- Concise Questionnaire Found Consistent, Reliable at Monitoring OCD
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- Comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder and OCD: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- HIV Viral Suppression Rates in Psychiatric Inpatients With Comorbid Substance Use Disorders
- Greater Wealth Associated With Lower Risk for Dementia in English Study
- Social Hygiene: Screening for Social Media Addiction in Adolescent Patients
- Effects of Depressive Symptoms on Cognition, Markers of Brain Aging
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look