Generic Name and Formulations:
Lipase 1200 Units, amylase 30000 Units, protease 30000 Units; caps.
Indications for KUTRASE:
Symptomatic treatment of digestive dysfunction.
May be opened and sprinkled on food. 1 cap with meals or snacks.
Glaucoma. GI or urinary tract obstruction. Paralytic ileus. Intestinal atony. Unstable cardiovascular status. Severe ulcerative colitis. Toxic megacolon. Myasthenia gravis. Acute pancreatic conditions. Pork allergy.
High environmental temperature. Diarrhea (may indicate obstruction). Autonomic neuropathy. Hyperthyroidism. Cardiovascular disease (esp. tachycardia). CHF. Arrhythmias. Hypertension. Renal disease. Hiatal hernia associated with reflux esophagitis. Avoid inhaling contents of caps. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant antacids.
Drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, other anticholinergic effects, suppression of lactation, paradoxical excitement, diarrhea.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?