Generic Name and Formulations:
Lactulose 10g, 20g; per packet; crystals for reconstitution.
Cumberland Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for KRISTALOSE:
10–20g dissolved in 4oz water daily; max 40g/day. 20g is equivalent to 30mL liq lactulose.
Galactose restricted diets.
Electrocautery in proctoscopy, colonoscopy. Reduce dose or discontinue if diarrhea persists. Monitor electrolytes if used >6 months in elderly or debilitated. Diabetes. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
May be antagonized by nonabsorbable antacids.
Flatulence, intestinal cramps, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, electrolyte imbalances.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children