Generic Name and Formulations:
Psyllium hydrophilic mucilloid 3.4g; per rounded teaspoon; pwd.
Indications for KONSYL-D:
Adults and Children:
Mix in 8oz liq, then drink 8oz more liq. <6yrs: not recommended. 6–12yrs: ½ adult dose. ≥12yrs: 1 packet or rounded teaspoonful (1 rounded tablespoonful for Konsyl Orange) 1–3 times daily.
Signs/symptoms of appendicitis. Intestinal obstruction. Fecal impaction.
Rectal bleeding. Diabetes (sugar-containing forms).
Tablets block tetracycline absorption (give at least 1hr before or 2hrs after tetracycline).
Esophageal, gastric, enteral, rectal obstruction.
Original—10.6oz, 15.9oz; Original packets—30; D—11.5oz, 17.5oz; Orange—19oz; Sugar-Free—10.6oz, 15.9oz; Sugar-Free packets—30; Sugar-Free Orange—15oz; Easy Mix—8.8oz (w. scoop); Tabs—90; Caps—100
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder