Generic Name and Formulations:
Psyllium hydrophilic mucilloid 3.4g; per rounded teaspoon; pwd.
Indications for KONSYL-D:
Adults and Children:
Mix in 8oz liq, then drink 8oz more liq. <6yrs: not recommended. 6–12yrs: ½ adult dose. ≥12yrs: 1 packet or rounded teaspoonful (1 rounded tablespoonful for Konsyl Orange) 1–3 times daily.
Signs/symptoms of appendicitis. Intestinal obstruction. Fecal impaction.
Rectal bleeding. Diabetes (sugar-containing forms).
Tablets block tetracycline absorption (give at least 1hr before or 2hrs after tetracycline).
Esophageal, gastric, enteral, rectal obstruction.
Original—10.6oz, 15.9oz; Original packets—30; D—11.5oz, 17.5oz; Orange—19oz; Sugar-Free—10.6oz, 15.9oz; Sugar-Free packets—30; Sugar-Free Orange—15oz; Easy Mix—8.8oz (w. scoop); Tabs—90; Caps—100
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses