Generic Name and Formulations:
Antihemophilic Factor VIII (human) 250 IU, 500 IU, 1000 IU; per bottle; dried concentrate for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains albumin.
Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
Indications for KOATE-DVI:
Prevention and control of hemorrhagic episodes or in order to perform emergency or elective surgery in Hemophilia A patients.
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired % Factor VIII Increase × 0.5. Individualize. Infuse over 5–10 minutes if tolerated. Use filter needle. Hemorrhage: Mild: 10 IU/kg as single dose. Moderate: 15–25 IU/kg, then 10–15 IU/kg every 8–12hrs if needed. Severe: initially 40–50 IU/kg, then 20–25 IU/kg every 8–12hrs. Major surgery: pre-op dose: 50 IU/kg, then verify Factor VIII level achieved prior to surgery; may repeat every 6–12hrs initially and for 10–14 days until healing complete.
Not for von Willebrand's disease. Confirm Factor VIII deficiency prior to treatment. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Large or frequent doses: monitor hematocrit for signs of progressive anemia. Monitor for development of Factor VIII inhibitors. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Allergic reactions, tingling sensations, blurred vision, headache, GI upset, jittery feeling, antibody formation.
Single-dose bottle—1 (w. diluent)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?