KISQALI FEMARA CO-PACK Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ribociclib 200mg; with letrozole 2.5mg; tabs.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for KISQALI FEMARA CO-PACK:
Initial endocrine-based therapy for the treatment of postmenopausal women with hormone receptor (HR)-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-negative advanced or metastatic breast cancer.
Take together preferably in the AM. Swallow whole. Kisqali: initially 600mg once daily for 21 consecutive days, followed by 7 days off treatment for a complete 28-day cycle. Femara: 2.5mg once daily throughout the 28-day cycle. Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors: avoid; if coadmin necessary, reduce Kisqali to 400mg once daily. Hepatic impairment: initially Kisqali 400mg once daily (moderate and severe); Femara 2.5mg every other day (cirrhosis and severe dysfunction). Dose modifications for toxicity: see full labeling.
Avoid in patients with long QT syndrome, uncontrolled or significant cardiac disease including recent MI, CHF, unstable angina and bradyarrhythmias, electrolyte abnormalities. Assess ECG prior to initiation; start therapy only if QTcF values <450 msec. Repeat ECG at Day 14 of Cycle 1, beginning of Cycle 2, and as clinically indicated; monitor more frequently if any QTcF prolongation occurs. Monitor serum electrolytes prior to initiation, at the beginning of the first 6 cycles, and as clinically indicated; correct any abnormality before starting. Permanently discontinue if QTcF >500msec or >60msec change from baseline and associated with any of the following: Torsades de Pointes, polymorphic ventricular tachycardia, unexplained syncope, or serious arrhythmia. Perform LFTs prior to initiation; monitor every 2 weeks for first 2 cycles, at the beginning of each subsequent 4 cycles, and as clinically indicated; monitor more frequently if Grade ≥2 abnormalities noted. Discontinue if AST/ALT >20XULN, Grade 3 (AST/ALT >5 to 20XULN) recurs, or AST/ALT >3XULN with total bilirubin >2XULN. Perform CBCs prior to initiation; monitor every 2 weeks for first 2 cycles, at the beginning of each subsequent 4 cycles, and as clinically indicated. Hepatic impairment. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy: avoid; exclude status prior to initiation. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during and for ≥3 weeks after last dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for ≥3 weeks after last dose).
Avoid concomitant with strong CYP3A inhibitors (eg, boceprevir, clarithromycin, conivaptan, indinavir, itraconazole, ketoconazole, lopinavir/ritonavir, nefazodone, nelfinavir, posaconazole, ritonavir, saquinavir, voriconazole); consider alternatives or see Adult. Avoid grapefruit, grapefruit juice, pomegranates, pomegranate juice. Avoid concomitant with strong CYP3A inducers (eg, phenytoin, rifampin, carbamazepine, St. John’s wort); consider alternatives. Caution with concomitant CYP3A substrates with a narrow therapeutic index (eg, alfentanil, cyclosporine, ergots, everolimus, fentanyl, midazolam, pimozide, quinidine, sirolimus, tacrolimus); may need to reduce these doses. Avoid concomitant with drugs known to prolong QT interval (eg, amiodarone, bepridil, chloroquine, clarithromycin, disopyramide, halofantrine, haloperidol, methadone, moxifloxacin, IV ondansetron, pimozide, procainamide, quinidine, sotalol).
Kinase inhibitor + aromatase inhibitor.
Neutropenia, nausea, fatigue, diarrhea, leukopenia, alopecia, vomiting, constipation, headache, back pain; QT prolongation, hepatobiliary toxicity.
Cartons—28 days of therapy (63 tabs x 200mg + 28 tabs); (42 tabs x 200mg + 28 tabs); (21 tabs x 200mg + 28 tabs)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?