Generic Name and Formulations:
In vitro test; reagent strips (glucose oxidase and nitroprusside.)
Bayer Corp, Diagnostics Div.
Indications for KETO-DIASTIX:
Determination of urine ketones and glucose.
Adults and Children:
Test according to package directions.
Discard 6 months after opening.
Phenazopyridine, other azo dyes in drugs, ascorbic acid, nitrofurantoin, riboflavin, levodopa, mesna may interfere.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age