Neuroimaging studies have shown several neurophysiological substrates for depression: An overview by Theodore Henderson, MD, PhD.
Byproduct of ketamine metabolism underlies the antidepressant-like activity of the agent in mice.
China's U.N. delegation has argued that ketamine is a health risk when it is used in a recreational fashion.
Ketamine and other drugs targeting the brain's NMDA receptors may benefit treatment-resistant depression.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Lithium Side Effects for Bipolar Disorder Lead to Lower Prescription Rates
- First-Episode Schizophrenia Approaches Aided by Guidelines Instrument
- Predictors of Favorable Outcomes in First-Episode Psychosis Without Medication
- Patient Perception of Provider Engagement Impacts Progress