Neuroimaging studies have shown several neurophysiological substrates for depression: An overview by Theodore Henderson, MD, PhD.
Byproduct of ketamine metabolism underlies the antidepressant-like activity of the agent in mice.
China's U.N. delegation has argued that ketamine is a health risk when it is used in a recreational fashion.
Ketamine and other drugs targeting the brain's NMDA receptors may benefit treatment-resistant depression.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Treatment-Resistant Depression: Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy Vs Treatment As Usual
- PTSD Symptoms May Be Eased by Non-Invasive Neurotechnology
- Bipolar Disorder Mobile Apps May Not Address Consumer Needs
- Alzheimer's Drugs See Steep Drop in Adherence
- Psychosis in Alzheimer's Disease Induced by Female-Specific Gene