Neuroimaging studies have shown several neurophysiological substrates for depression: An overview by Theodore Henderson, MD, PhD.
Byproduct of ketamine metabolism underlies the antidepressant-like activity of the agent in mice.
China's U.N. delegation has argued that ketamine is a health risk when it is used in a recreational fashion.
Ketamine and other drugs targeting the brain's NMDA receptors may benefit treatment-resistant depression.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Which Antidepressants May Cause Birth Defects?
- Health Effects and Therapeutic Benefits of Cannabis