Generic Name and Formulations:
Prothrombin complex concentrate (human) 500 units, 1000 units; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains non-activated coagulation Factors II, VII, IX, X, antithrombotic Proteins C and S; also, heparin, human albumin, antithrombin III; preservative-free; latex-free.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for KCENTRA:
Urgent reversal of acquired coagulation factor deficiency induced by Vitamin K antagonist (VKA) therapy in adults with acute major bleeding or need for an urgent surgery/invasive procedure.
See full labeling. Administer concomitant Vitamin K. Individualize dosing based on patient's baseline INR and weight. Potency (units) is defined by Factor IX content. Give by IV Infusion at a rate of 0.12mL/kg/min (~3 units/kg/min); max rate of 8.4mL/min (~210 units/min). ≤100kg: Pre-treatment INR: (2–<4): 25 units of Factor IX/kg; max 2500 units; (4–6): 35 units of Factor IX/kg; max 3500 units; (>6): 50 units of Factor IX/kg; max 5000 units. >100kg: do not exceed max dose. Repeat dosing: not recommended.
Severe hypersensitivity to heparin, Factors II, VII, IX, X, Proteins C and S, antithrombin III, human albumin. Disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC). Known heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT).
Risk of arterial and venous thromboembolic complications (may be fatal). History of thromboembolic events within the previous 3 months. Monitor for signs/symptoms of thromboembolic events during and after infusion. Discontinue immediately if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Measure INR before, during, and after each treatment. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Coagulation factor complex.
Headache, nausea, vomiting, hypotension, anemia; hypersensitivity, thromboembolic events (eg, stroke, PE, DVT).
Report all infections suspected to be transmitted by Kcentra to (866) 915-6958.
Kit (500 units, 1000 units)—1 (single-use vial + diluent, supplies)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder