KARBINAL ER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Carbinoxamine maleate extended-release 4mg/5mL; oral susp; strawberry-banana flavor; contain sulfites.
Indications for KARBINAL ER:
Allergic (seasonal and perennial) and vasomotor rhinitis, conjunctivitis, urticaria, angioedema, reactions to blood or plasma. Adjunct in anaphylaxis. Dermatographism.
Use accurate measuring device. Individualize. 7.5–20mL (6–16mg) every 12hrs.
<2yrs: contraindicated. Use accurate measuring device. Individualize. 2–3yrs: 3.75–5mL (3–4mg) every 12hrs; 4–5yrs: 3.75–10mL (3–8mg) every 12hrs; 6–11yrs: 7.5–15mL (6–12mg) every 12hrs.
Children <2yrs old. Concomitant MAOIs. Nursing mothers.
Increased intraocular pressure. Narrow angle glaucoma. Hyperthyroidism. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Stenosing peptic ulcer. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Sulfite allergy. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
See Contraindications. MAOIs potentiate anticholinergic effects. Additive CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, hypnotics, sedatives, tranquilizers); avoid.
Sedation, sleepiness, dizziness, disturbed coordination, epigastric distress, thickening of bronchial secretions; hypersensitivity reactions.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Elevated Dopamine Synthesis Capacity Observed in Both Bipolar and Schizophrenia
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Specialty Physicians Experiencing Lack of Income Growth
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV