Generic Name and Formulations:
Sebelipase alfa 20mg/10mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for KANUMA:
Treatment of lysosomal acid lipase (LAL) deficiency.
Adults and Children:
<1 month: not established. Give as IV infusion over ≥2hrs; consider further prolonging infusion time for the 3mg/kg dose or if a hypersensitivity reaction occurs. May consider a 1hr infusion for the 1mg/kg dose in those who tolerate the infusion. ≥1 month: 1mg/kg once every other week. If rapidly progressive within first 6 months of life: initially 1mg/kg once weekly; increase to 3mg/kg once weekly if optimal response not achieved. May pre-treat with antipyretics and/or antihistamines.
Monitor for hypersensitivity reactions during and after infusion; interrupt or lower infusion rate based on severity. Discontinue immediately and treat if severe hypersensitivity including anaphylaxis occurs. Eggs or egg products allergy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Hydrolytic lysosomal cholesteryl ester and triacylglycerol-specific enzyme.
Diarrhea, vomiting, fever, rhinitis, anemia, cough, nasopharyngitis, urticaria, headache, oropharyngeal pain, asthenia, constipation, nausea.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder Associated With ADHD and Female Gender
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Symptom Trajectories Vary According to Language Development in Autism
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children