JUNIOR STRENGTH MUCINEX MINI-MELTS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Guaifenesin 100mg; per packet; bubble-gum flavor; contains (phenylalanine 1mg, magnesium 10mg) per packet.
Indications for JUNIOR STRENGTH MUCINEX MINI-MELTS:
Empty entire contents of packet onto tongue and swallow. Do not chew. 2–4 packets every 4 hours. Max 6 doses/day.
Empty entire contents of packet onto tongue and swallow. Do not chew. <4yrs: do not use. 4–5yrs: 1 packet every 4 hours. 6–11yrs: 1–2 packets every 4 hours. Max 6 doses/day.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers. Mini-Melts: Renal disease. Magnesium-restricted diet.
GI upset, drowsiness, headache, rash.
Tabs 600mg, Max Strength (YES); Pkts, Soln (NO)
Tabs 600mg—20, 40, 100, 500; Max Strength—14, 28; Pkts—12; Soln—4oz
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Suicide Risk After Self-Harm Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Safety, Efficacy of Deep Brain Stimulation for Alzheimer Disease Examined
- Many Teens Who Use Tobacco Don't Self-Identify as Users