Most Recent Articles by John M. Kane, MD
Therapeutic drug monitoring is vastly underused in psychiatry but could better inform clinical decision-making.
Although clozapine is often ignored by many clinicians, the antipsychotic should be considered for more patients.
Telepsychiatry training for residents will ensure that the potential of the technology is fully realized.
Long-acting injectable antipsychotics have potential to improve patient adherence, reduce relapse risk.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Depression High Among Medical Students
- Evidence Against Palliative Care in Long-term Eating Disorders
- Better Cognition for Older Adults Who Nap After Lunch
- Alzheimer's Disease is a Significant Risk Factor for Major Hip Fracture
- No Cognitive Benefit to Long-term Weight Loss in Overweight, Obese Adults
- Preschoolers With Depression Show Reduced Response to Rewards
- Lithium Side Effects for Bipolar Disorder Lead to Lower Prescription Rates
- Predictors of Favorable Outcomes in First-Episode Psychosis Without Medication
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Facebook Addiction Associated With Social Insecurity