Most Recent Articles by John M. Kane, MD
Delays in treatment for psychosis can be associated with poorer outcomes.
Therapeutic drug monitoring is vastly underused in psychiatry but could better inform clinical decision-making.
Although clozapine is often ignored by many clinicians, the antipsychotic should be considered for more patients.
Telepsychiatry training for residents will ensure that the potential of the technology is fully realized.
Long-acting injectable antipsychotics have potential to improve patient adherence, reduce relapse risk.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Which Antidepressants May Cause Birth Defects?
- Health Effects and Therapeutic Benefits of Cannabis