Generic Name and Formulations:
Japanese encephalitis virus vaccine; inactivated; aluminum hydroxide adsorbed; susp for IM inj; contains formaldehyde, protamine sulfate; preservative-free.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for IXIARO:
Japanese encephalitis immunization.
≥17yrs: Two doses given 28 days apart. Each dose is 0.5mL IM into deltoid muscle; complete series at least 1 week prior to potential exposure.
<17yrs: not recommended.
Severe allergic reaction (eg, anaphylaxis) after a previous dose.
Immunodeficiency. Bleeding disorders. Acute febrile illness. Allergy to protamine sulfate. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant vaccines: see literature. Immunosuppressants (eg, radiation, chemotherapy, high-dose steroids): may get suboptimal response.
Japanese encephalitis vaccine.
Local reactions (eg, pain, tenderness), headache, myalgia, fatigue, flu-like illness, GI upset, pyrexia.
Single-dose syringe (0.5mL)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder