ISOVUE-M 300 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Iopamidol 612mg/mL; soln for intrathecal administration; contains sodium 0.043mg, organically bound iodine 300mg per mL.
- Effect of Long-term Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate for Major Depressive Disorder
- Regular Repeated Assessments Align Self-Reports, Case Manager Reports in Schizophrenia
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Effective in Reducing Suicide Attempts, Self-Harm in Adolescents
Indications for ISOVUE-M 300:
For intrathecal administration in adult neuroradiology inculding myelography (lumbar, thoracic, cervical, total columnar), and for contrast enhancement of computed tomographic (CECT) cisternography and ventriculography.
Adults and Children:
See literature regarding dosing based on procedure.
Concomitant corticosteroids. Repeat myelography in the event of technical failure. Significant local or systemic infections where bacteremia is likely.
Should be administered by professional trained in use of radiopaque agents in appropriate facilities with emergency treatment readily available. Increased intracranial pressure. Intracranial tumor. Abscess. Hematoma. History of convulsive disorder. Severe cardiovascular disease. Chronic alcoholism. Multiple sclerosis. Homozygous sickle cell disease. Multiple myeloma. Pheochromocytoma. Thyroid disorder. Diabetes. Patients with evidence of inadvertant intracranial entry of large or concentrated bolus of contrast medium: increased risk of seizures; consider prophylactic diazepam or barbiturate therapy. Direct intracisternal or ventricular administration for standard radiography: not recommended. Maintain elevation of head during procedure, on the stretcher, or in bed. Avoid excessive and active patient movement or straining. Maintain adequate hydration. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant drugs that lower seizure threshold (eg, phenothiazines, MAOIs, tricyclics, CNS stimulants, analeptics, major tranquilizers, antipsychotics): not recommended; discontinue 48hrs and for at least 24hrs post-procedure. May reduce iodine-binding capacity of thyroid tissue for up to 2 weeks.
Headache, GI upset, back pain, leg pain, neck pain, hypotension, others.
ISOVUE-M 200: Single dose vials (10mL, 20mL)—10; ISOVUE-M 300: Single dose vials (15mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age