ISOVUE-M 300 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Iopamidol 612mg/mL; soln for intrathecal administration; contains sodium 0.043mg, organically bound iodine 300mg per mL.
Indications for ISOVUE-M 300:
For intrathecal administration in adult neuroradiology inculding myelography (lumbar, thoracic, cervical, total columnar), and for contrast enhancement of computed tomographic (CECT) cisternography and ventriculography.
Adults and Children:
See literature regarding dosing based on procedure.
Concomitant corticosteroids. Repeat myelography in the event of technical failure. Significant local or systemic infections where bacteremia is likely.
Should be administered by professional trained in use of radiopaque agents in appropriate facilities with emergency treatment readily available. Increased intracranial pressure. Intracranial tumor. Abscess. Hematoma. History of convulsive disorder. Severe cardiovascular disease. Chronic alcoholism. Multiple sclerosis. Homozygous sickle cell disease. Multiple myeloma. Pheochromocytoma. Thyroid disorder. Diabetes. Patients with evidence of inadvertant intracranial entry of large or concentrated bolus of contrast medium: increased risk of seizures; consider prophylactic diazepam or barbiturate therapy. Direct intracisternal or ventricular administration for standard radiography: not recommended. Maintain elevation of head during procedure, on the stretcher, or in bed. Avoid excessive and active patient movement or straining. Maintain adequate hydration. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant drugs that lower seizure threshold (eg, phenothiazines, MAOIs, tricyclics, CNS stimulants, analeptics, major tranquilizers, antipsychotics): not recommended; discontinue 48hrs and for at least 24hrs post-procedure. May reduce iodine-binding capacity of thyroid tissue for up to 2 weeks.
Headache, GI upset, back pain, leg pain, neck pain, hypotension, others.
ISOVUE-M 200: Single dose vials (10mL, 20mL)—10; ISOVUE-M 300: Single dose vials (15mL)—10
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?