Generic Name and Formulations:
Iopamidol 755mg/mL; soln for intravascular administration; contains sodium 0.053mg, organically bound iodine 370mg per mL.
- Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy Common in American Football Players
- Sleep Abnormalities Highly Prevalent Among Individuals With Substance Use Disorder
- Depression, Anxiety Found in Patients With Photophobia
Indications for ISOVUE-370:
For angiography throughout the cardiovascular system, including cerebral and peripheral arteriography, coronary arteriography and ventriculography, pediatric angiocardiography, selective visceral arteriography and aortography, peripheral venography (phlebography), and adult and pediatric intravenous excretory urography and intravenous adult and pediatric contrast enhancement of computed tomographic (CECT) head and body imaging.
Adults and Children:
See full labeling regarding dosing based on procedure.
Not for intrathecal use. Should be administered by professional trained in use of radiopaque agents in appropriate facilities with emergency treatment readily available. Avoid angiography with homocystinuria. Suspected thrombosis, phlebitis, severe ischemic disease, local infection: caution with venography. Renal or hepatic impairment. Anuria. CHF. Pulmonary hypertension. Multiple myeloma or other paraproteinemia. Homozygous sickle cell disease. Pheochromocytoma. Thyroid disorder. Diabetes. Myasthenia gravis. Anesthetized patients. Severe arterial or venous disease. Avoid extravasation. Maintain hydration. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Recently received cholecystographic agents in patients with hepatic or biliary disorder; increased risk of renal toxicity. Do not mix with other drugs. Radioactive iodine uptake studies may not accurately reflect thyroid function for up to 16 days.
Nonionic radiopaque contrast media.
Cardiovascular (eg, arrhythmia, arterial spasms, flushing, vasodilation, chest pain, cardiopulmonary arrest), CNS (eg, confusion, paresthesia, dizziness, temporary cortical blindness, temporary amnesia, convulsions, paralysis, coma), respiratory (eg, increased cough, sneezing, asthma, apnea, laryngeal edema, chest tightness, rhinitis), skin and appendages (eg, inj site pain, pallor, periorbital edema,facial edema), urogenital (eg, pain, hematuria), eye (eg, watery itchy eyes, lacrimation, conjunctivitis), musculoskeletal (eg, muscle spasm, involuntary leg movement), tremors, malaise, anaphylactoid reaction, pain, severe retching and choking, abdominal cramps, hypothyroidism.
ISOVUE-200: Single dose vials (50mL)—10, Single dose bottles (200mL)—10; ISOVUE-250: Single dose vials (50mL)—10, Single dose bottles (100mL, 150mL)—10; ISOVUE-300: Single dose vials (30mL, 50mL)—10, Single dose bottles (75mL, 100mL, 150mL)—10; ISOVUE-370: Single dose vials (50mL)—10, Single dose bottles (50mL, 75mL, 100mL, 125mL, 150mL)—10
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?