ISOPTO CARBACHOL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Carbachol 1.5%, 3%; oph. soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for ISOPTO CARBACHOL:
2 drops up to 3 times daily.
History or risk of retinal detachment (aphakic or myopic patients, retinovitreal pathology). Corneal abrasions. Acute cardiac failure. Recent MI. Bradycardia. Hyper- or hypotension. Asthma. Active peptic ulcer. GI spasm. Hyperthyroidism. Urinary tract obstruction. Parkinsonism. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Local irritation, ciliary spasm, ciliary and conjunctival injection, headache, induced myopia, reduced nighttime visual acuity; retinal detachment, lens opacity (rare). Systemic cholinergic effects if absorbed systemically.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder