You have probably heard the term 'Big Data' being bandied around, but what does it actually mean for the psychiatry sector? Dr Nicola Davies explains what Big Data is, before exploring how it's currently being applied within psychiatry.
Discussion with practitioners from either side elicits arguments about the shortcomings of the other. How can disputes be mitigated?
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Lithium Side Effects for Bipolar Disorder Lead to Lower Prescription Rates
- First-Episode Schizophrenia Approaches Aided by Guidelines Instrument
- Predictors of Favorable Outcomes in First-Episode Psychosis Without Medication
- Patient Perception of Provider Engagement Impacts Progress
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Antipsychotic Switching in Schizophrenia: Immediate vs Gradual Discontinuation
- Bipolar Disorder Monotherapy Treatment Approved
- Slightly Higher HIV Screening in Patients With Severe Mental Illness
- Treating Pain in Depression May Improve Cognitive, Functional Outcomes