Generic Name and Formulations:
Eptifibatide 0.75mg/mL, 2mg/mL; soln for IV inj.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for INTEGRILIN:
For acute coronary syndrome, including patients who are to be managed medically and those undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), including those undergoing intracoronary stenting.
See literature. Use in combination with aspirin and heparin. ACS: 180micrograms/kg IV bolus, followed by a continuous IV infusion of 2micrograms/kg/min until discharge or CABG surgery, up to 72hrs. If PCI planned, continue infusion until discharge, or for up to 18–24hrs after procedure, whichever comes first, allowing up to 96hrs of therapy. PCI: 180micrograms/kg IV bolus followed by 2micrograms/kg/min infusion; repeat 180micrograms/kg IV bolus 10mins after the 1st bolus; continue infusion until discharge, or for up to 18–24hrs, whichever comes first, minimum 12hr-infusion recommended. CrCl <50mL/min: reduce infusion rate to 1microgram/kg/min.
Bleeding diathesis or active abnormal bleeding within previous 30 days. Severe uncontrolled hypertension. Major surgery within previous 6 weeks. History of stroke within 30 days or any history of hemorrhagic stroke. Concomitant parenteral GP IIb/IIIa inhibitors. Renal dialysis.
See literature. Discontinue if uncontrolled bleeding occurs. Platelet count <100,000/mm3. Properly care for femoral artery access site to minimize bleeding. Minimize other arterial and venous punctures, IM inj, catheter use, intubation, NG tubes, to lower bleeding risk; avoid use of non-compressible IV access sites. Do baseline platelet counts, hemoglobin, hematocrit, others and monitor during therapy (see literature). Discontinue if confirmed thrombocytopenia occurs. Renal insufficiency. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antiplatelet effects may be potentiated by thrombolytics, oral anticoagulants, NSAIDs, and dipyridamole.
Bleeding, intracranial hemorrhage, stroke, thrombocytopenia, hypersensitivity reactions, hypotension.
Vial 0.75mg/mL (100mL)—1; 2mg/mL (10mL, 100mL)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder