Communication, location, and coordination are just three ways that psychiatrists can help improve collaboration with primary care.
Integrating mental health care with primary care led to greater improvements in depressive symptoms for teens.
A pilot program is underway at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center to determine if granting patients access to their psychiatrist's notes improves outcomes.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Sleep Disorders: How to Manage Headaches in Patients?
- Anxiety and ADHD in Patients With Single-Ventricle Congenital Heart Disease
- Alcohol Use Disorder Diagnosis Stable From DSM-IV to DSM-5
- Opioid Cravings Reduced by Medication from ER Visits
- Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Patients With HCV Cured of Infection