Communication, location, and coordination are just three ways that psychiatrists can help improve collaboration with primary care.
Integrating mental health care with primary care led to greater improvements in depressive symptoms for teens.
A pilot program is underway at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center to determine if granting patients access to their psychiatrist's notes improves outcomes.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Lithium Side Effects for Bipolar Disorder Lead to Lower Prescription Rates
- First-Episode Schizophrenia Approaches Aided by Guidelines Instrument
- Predictors of Favorable Outcomes in First-Episode Psychosis Without Medication
- Patient Perception of Provider Engagement Impacts Progress